Have you ever considered the quality of the air in your home?
Not many of us do, but when we stop to think about it, we can really improve it very easily. According to research our IAQ - Indoor Air Quality - is about 2-5 times more polluted that the air outside! yes, hard to believe, but true.
But why would we want to improve the air quality in our home I hear you ask! Well there are many everyday symptoms that we attribute to other things, but which could very well be due to the quality of the air in your own home environment.
These everyday symptoms can include: Headaches, Dizziness, dryness and irritation of the ears, eyes, nose and skin, shortness of breath, Hypersensitivity and allergies, and sinus congestion.
There are many factors that contribute to poor indoor air quality - some include:
- The way you heat your home
- How you cook your food
- Poor ventilation
- Chemicals in cleaning products
- Chemicals in personal use products
- Plug Ins and cheap candles
- Air conditioning
- Carpets and Rugs
Improving the quality of the air inside our homes is of paramount importance for everyone but especially if there is someone in the home with a lung condition such as asthma or COPD
MY TOP TEN TIPS FOR IMPROVING INDOOR AIR QUALITY - IAQ
- Buy beeswax candles, yes they are much more expensive than the cheaper ones, but they do last much longer and they don't emit harsh synthetic chemicals like the cheaper ones can.
- Bring the outside in with houseplants - Cheese Plants in particular are well known to purifying indoor air.
- Unplug and immediately throw away Plug Ins and aerosol air fresheners which saturate your home with synthetic chemicals which you breath in.
- Invest in a good quality diffuser - choose one with a metal mechanism not plastic.
- Choose only the very best essential oils to diffuse in your beautiful diffuser - cheap essential oils often are contaminated with synthetics and if you diffuse these you are breathing in the contaminants compared to the beneficial effects of diffusing top grade essential oils like Young Living.
- Open your windows, even in winter, for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Reduce and eventually eliminate the use of harsh synthetic chemical cleaning products both in the kitchen and bathroom, and replace with non-toxic products.
- Outdoor shoes should be left either outside or by the front door and only wear indoor shoes in the house, or slippers or just socks.
- Air vents should be cleaned regularly on air conditioning units
- Always use the cooker hood over your hob if you have one.
My favourite diffuser is the Feathers the Owl diffuser designed for kids, but loved by adults too!
Serves as a regular diffuser, but also can be used just as night light, without the diffuser. It can play soothing music, the sound of birds or white noise - with or without the diffuser going - it has so many variables - it has ten colour changes which you can choose just one, or have them changing every few seconds - it's absolutely fabulous!
The touch control are his toes -and he comes with a free Lavender oil) :-)
If you have any questions about this topic or any other, please do not hesitate to contact me - I am here to help and support you in your Young Living Journey.
Young Living Silver Distributor
Suzie Webb Wellness