Turmeric is a flowering plant and a rhizome (like ginger. it's cousin), also known by the scientific name of Curcuma Longa. It's orange/yellow in colour and there are about 45 different species of it in India.
Read to the bottom to find out how you can do a home test to see if you are deficient in iodine.
This blog is about a supplement that ‘supports joint comfort and helps maintain joint mobility’.
The supplement has only 2 main ingredients in it! Just 2! MSM – you may have heard of before this stands for METHYL SULFONYL METHANE and the other ingredient is LYCIUM BARBARUM which is the Latin name for the Chinese wolfberry also known as goji berries and mede berry.
So the MSM – sulphur is an extremely important mineral – the body needs sulphur to survive.
As we get older we undergo a certain amount of wear and tear especially the joints in our knees and knuckles – everyone can benefit from MSM – even your dogs and cats and whilst recommended for everyone over 50, your joints start to wear down in the 30s, so if you are very active then it’s never too early to start supporting your skeletal system. In America and other parts of the world Sulfurzyme comes in powder form and capsule form. In Europe we can only get the capsule form – which is good as the powder form contains Stevia – and this you definitely cannot give to your animals – but we don’t have to worry about that as there is no stevia in our capsule form.
It is important to also drink plenty of water when desiring the support of healthy joints, ligaments, bones and muscles. Simply drink half of your body weight number in ounces. For example, if you are 200 pounds, you would strive to drink 100 oz of water every day.
In addition to supporting joint comfort and mobility Sulurzyme also strengthens hair, nails and skin, and reduces inflammation and supports gut health. Goji berries are a prebiotic. Many people take PRObiotics every day – which is great, especially after a course of antibiotics, but if you are not then taking in your diet prebiotics by way of fermented foods and drinks like Ninxia Red, it’s sort of a waste of time as the job of prebiotics is to feed the probiotics - the good bacteria in your gut.
The important thing is that once you start with MSM – or Sulfurzyme, you need to continue it – I have had dozens of testimonials to say that when people forget to take it, their joints soon remind them! Human studies have shown that MSM enters the blood very quickly and will start working within 30-45 minutes. Most people will begin to notice the effects of Sulfurzyme within two weeks of supplementation, but individual results may vary and are dependent on serving size and formulation.
The formulation of Sulfurzyme, with the additional wolfberries as a prebiotic, puts this supplement in my top 5 supplements which the over 60s should be taking every day - and also forms part of my :
Joint & Mobility Health Protocol which is part of my Savvy Seniors VIP group!
So, what's the difference between RDA's and NRVs then? None they are exactly the same! (so why change the name I ask myself!)
- Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen - the inter-cellular glue that keeps skin, lungs, arteries, the digestive tract and all organs intact.
- Vitamin C supports our immune system.
- Vitamin C supports our cardiovascular system.
- It is a potent antioxidant protecting against free radicals, pollution, carcinogens, heavy metals, and other toxins.
- It is strongly anti-viral and mildly anti-bacterial.
- Energy cannot be made in any cell, brain or muscle without adequate vitamin C.
- The adrenal glands have a high concentration of vitamin C, which is essential for stress hormone synthesis.
- Vitamin C is so central in so many chemical reactions in the body that, without it, life is simply not possible.
- For reinforcing immune strength, take 2 tablets daily.
- For maintenance, take 1 tablet daily.
- For 'optimal dose' take up to bowel tolerance. This means when your bowel movements are soft, but not too soft. I would take an 'optimal dose' if you are recovering from an illness or before surgery, and I would recommend you just do an 'optimal dose' a couple of times a year as a top up. Otherwise as above for maintenance or for reinforcing immune strength.
- Best if taken before meals.
Free of common allergens. No artificial colours, flavors, preservatives, salt, sugar, starch, corn, wheat, yeast, or soy products.