The Story:Thieves essential oil blend was created based on the historical account of four thieves in France who protected themselves from the Black Plague with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing victims of the killer disease. When captured, they were offered a lighter sentence in exchange for their secret recipe.
Young Living’s proprietary Thieves oil blend includes clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and Eucalyptus radiata and has been specially blended to offer the same kind of defence.
Thieves has been university tested and found to be highly effective against airborne bacteria.
Utilising the power and protection of Thieves essential oil blend, Young Living created an extensive line of plant-based household products. From toothpaste and mouthwash to cleaning products, hand soaps, and even throat lozenges, the Thieves product line provides safe, effective alternatives for use in the home. Thieves essential oil blend is an integral ingredient in Thieves Household Cleaner, Thieves Spray, Thieves Wipes, Thieves Lozenges, Thieves Ultra toothpaste, and Thieves Mouthwash.
The Basics and Health & Safety
- Thieves should be always be used with a carrier oil because it contains essential oils that are considered ‘hot’(spicy) which could irritate skin. The essential oils in this blend that are considered hot are: clove and cinnamon bark.
- In most applications, mix 3-5drops of Thieves essential oil with 1 teaspoon of V6 carrier oil. If you find that the application still feels a bit too warm to your skin, simply add more carrier oil to dilute. (use Olive Oil if no V6).
- If you use water to dilute an essential oil, always shake really well before use as oil and water don't mix well!
- Whenever taking an edible Young Living essential oil, such as Thieves Vitality® (or Thieves Plus® in Europe), internally always mix with olive oil or V-6 prior to use as a supplement. As a supplement, dilute one drop in 4fl. oz. of liquid such as goat’s or rice milk.
- Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Always dilute before applying to the skin or taking internally.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use glass bottles in preference to plastic.
THIEVES ESSENTIAL OIL CONTAINS:
Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Lemon (Citrus limon), Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata (Eucalyptus radiata) and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol).
CLOVE oil, nature’s richest source of eugenol, is the highest-scoring single ingredient tested for its antioxidant capacity on the ORAC scale. Clove is also known for its immune-enhancing properties.
LEMON - With 68% d-limonene, lemon essential oil is a powerful antioxidant known for its ability to act as a natural solvent and cleanser.
CINNAMON BARK - High in antioxidants, cinnamon bark has a reputation for relieving discomfort during the winter season and supporting the digestive system.
EUCALYPTUS RADIATA - As one of the most versatile of the eucalyptus oils, Eucalyptus radiate has many health-promoting properties. This powerful essential oil contains eucalyptol as one if its major elements, which in laboratory tests has been reported as being effective against bacteria in topical applications.
ROSEMARY oil is naturally energizing and may be beneficial for helping restore mental alertness when experiencing fatigue.
10 top uses for the home
- Mix 8-12 drops with water in a 4 oz. spray bottle to repel insects on your flowers and plants - shake very well before use.
- Diffuse 15-30 minutes daily in homes or business to solve mould problems.
- Put a few drops in your carpet steamer to disinfect carpet.
- Put a few drops on a tissue, place near the heat/AC vents to eliminate airborne germs.
- Mix several drops with baking soda to clean baths and basins.
- Use to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
- Add several drops to your mop water for cleaner floors.
- Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels
10 top uses for you and your family
1. Apply 1-3 drops to cuts or open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing.
2. Mix with a tablespoon of milk (or water if mixed very well) , gargle and swallow for a tickly throat.
3. Apply to upper chest and throat with V-6 Massage Oil for a 'tight' chest.
4. For a spotty face apply to the skin diluted with V-6 Massage Oil.
7. Put a couple drops directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from winter ailments.
8. Diffuse in your home to keep the germ count down.
9. Rub a 2 drops on the bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school every day.
10. Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavour and to maintain health
Thieves Essential Oil Blend is one of my top 5 oils
it's part of my First Aid Kit - for use at home, at school, when travelling, when cleaning
all 100% natural and toxic and chemical free!
Every home should have 1 (or 2 or 3) :-)
Click the link below to get your Thieves Household Cleaner
or here for a Thieves Starter Kit!